Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday, August 25, 2010




Open my eyes that I may see the wonders of your love. 
Based on Psalm  119: 18
                                           -+-


Psalm 119:18 in the Hebrew Bible, of course,  says “law.”  The first time I substituted  “love” for “law” I didn’t know I had done it until after my meditation time. And it led to more pondering. It seems to me that “law” is not as near as “love” to the original Hebrew meaning of law - it calls forth not dour obedience but joyful response   to God’s love- it IS I believe an expression of God’s love. On Jesus callt o love God, self and neighbor, “hangs all the law and the prohhets” we are told.  On THIS hangs one for the reasons for starting this blog but I’ll have to tell that story later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment