Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, September 24, 2010

Sergius of Moswo, d. 192



The mercy of the Lord endures for ever, Come us adore him. 



Antiphon on the Venite

Mercy is a word that I am not all that comfortable with.  God knows it’s not because I don’t Need mercy... It just seems a cringing word, an unfortunate word when used with God.  I looked up synonyms and came up with “compassionate treatment” which is better, but a little clunky and plebeian so I kept it at mercy ... I know it’s a rich and wonderful word ... I guess I just hear in my mind a human judge intoning “And may God have mercy on your soul” which means  a person has been sentenced to die. Maybe it’s too close, since the state of Virginia  killed ... executed ... 41 year old Teresa Lewis by lethal injection just yesterday.  May God have mercy on her soul. And ours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment