Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In Bill's memory



Have  
this mind 
among  you 
that is 
yours 
in 
Christ Jesus... 
                                   Philippians 2: 5  RSV 
This was a favorite of Bill Madhey's - in fact, this attitude and his belief in the  Risen Christ (part of this same passage) really epitomized his spirituality for me. But then it took me the LONGEST time to find the graphic I wanted.. But  I finally did- one that I never would have thought of using at first.  But it sure shows the mind of Christ - and NOT the mind of Christ! I LOVE Martha's pinched face!!!  I know that face! And then the RSV translation was right on for this graphic and this time in our communal history.  This version says to have this mind AMONG us rathe than the NRSV which has it IN us! I really think at this point we Really need the mind of Christ not only IN Ourselves individually but among ourselves! 
Thanks, Bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment