Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Sunday in Ordinary Time

                                                                                                       Mark 4:37-40
A great wind-storm 
arose,
so that the boat was already being swamp-ed. But Jesus was in the stern, asleep on a cushion; and they woke him and they said to him “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?"  Jesus woke up and he rebuked the wind and said to the sea “Peace! Be Still!”  Then then the wind ceased and there was 
a dead calm. He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?” 

I don’t think I have never noticed that little detail before. After posting my blog I went in to meditate on the passage  and I realized I had left out “he rebuked the wind”Before saying to the sea “Peace! Be still!” The underlying cause of the sea swamping the boat was the wind which was whipping up the waves... And he took care of the Cause before he addressed the immediate Consequence of the problem... A teeny detail perhaps but how cool is That!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment