Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, June 10, 2013

Columba, Abbot of Iona 579

                                                                            Psalm 56:11a, 12
 I am bound by the vow 
I made to you, O God; For you have redeemed my soul  from death 
and my feet from stumbling, that I may 
walbefore God in the land of the living. 
                                   “That (person) is little envied... whose piety would not grow warmer among the ruins of Iona. Perhaps in the revolutions of the world,Iona may be sometime again the instructress of the western region. ”  -Samuel Johnson  In 1938 a Glasgow minister of the Church of Scotland,founded the Iona Community, to restore the church and the spiritual life of the island. 
                                        From New Festivals and Commemorations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment