Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

On the Lutheran calendar we celebrate Ruth the Mobabite and grandmother of King David*


                                                                                      Ruth 1:16

Where
you go, 
I will go: 
Where you 
lodge, 
I will lodge;
 your people
 will be my 
people and 
your God will be my God. Where you die I will die - and there will I be buried. 





*And in the Roman Catholic calendar we celebrate Our Lady 
of Mount Carmel, patroness of the Carmelites . 


                                                                                                   We give thanks especially
 for the life  and witness of the women at the 
Carmelite Monastery of theTrinity in San Diego.


At first I didn’t have the last phrase here, but as I began my mediation I was compelled to come in and put it in. That  puts the cap on it, doesn’t it? The patriarchs always wanted their bones taken back home when their heirs went back. Not so Ruth, ”Where you die, I will die- and there will I be buried” Period. And it makes it a perfect tie in with both feasts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment