Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, November 23, 2015

St Clement, Bishop of Rome, circa 10, according to early tradition, a disciple of the Apostles, and the third Bishop of Rome.

                                              Psalm 106:7a




In Egypt they did not con-sider your marvelous works, 
nor remember the 
abundance of your love…


Grant 
that 
your 
Church 
may be 
grounded 
and settled 
in your truth 
by the indwelling 
of the Holy Spirit.. 
               - Collect 
Pray for 
Roman Catholics throughout the world, and for the Present Bishop of Rome, Pope Francis  


I was as surprised as you were to get this verse. I unusually just rush past it, to be honest, as ancient history…. Let me take you on my journey to it: this morning I read a refection emailed to me, the point gist  of which is   “God works while we wait,” which I really like. Then I sat down to do Morning Prayer and there was the antiphon to the first part of Psalm 106 which is appointed for today :  “Remember us, O Lord, with the favor you have for your people, and visit us with your saving help, hallelujah.” And I thought: that’s a good one. Not just to me, but to “your people,” us, all of us, but first, our ancestors, the Jews. But that wasn’t it and I read on to this one that is the one.  In Egypt they did not consider your marvelous works, nor remember the abundance of your love… I have another friend at church who also played a part here. "It takes a parish....?"  He's now retired , but when he was working, when I would ask  how he was, he’d say “My fingernails are really dirty,” alluding  to the slavery in Egypt. So the idea is Joy’s. The image is Steve’s. And the verse is ours. Thanks be to God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment