Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Macrina monastic and teacher, 379

                        Matthew 26:48 
















“The 
man 
whom 
I kiss 
is the 
man, 
arrest 
him.”



May 
we, 
follow-
ing 
her 
ex-
ample, 
seek 
after 
your 
wisdom 
and live 
according
to your way

 I had gone looking for a picture that showed the hubbub & the movement  & chaos and  noise of the crowd that night, maybe because it is the season of party con-ventions, & I am reminded how quickly the unthinking throngs become dangerous. When I found this picture  by Giotto I thought it was the one. But then I came across this
statue of the moment of betrayal frozen in time in all it’s in-timacy and that was it. A moment. A man. A decision. 
Up close & person-
al. Arresting.  Our lives as followers 
of Christ are lived 
in the midst of community but each 
decision, moment by moment, is a mo- 
ment of choice by 
us alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment