Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tuesday, 4 December 2018*

                            ____________Psalm 5:3_


  

             
              In the 
           morning, 
           Lord, you 
            hear my
         voice; early 
               in the
            morning
              I make
              my appeal and watch for you.
  
  * John of 
  Damascus 
   676-749  
 monk, priest, theologian, &  the author of "The Day of Resurrection” &  “Come, ye faithhful, raise the strain." John wrote that with both the iconoclasts, who forbade the use of sacred images,  & Manichaeism, which held that that matter itself is essentially evil, the  Lord’s incarnation is rejected.  He is also  the author of "The Day of Resurrection” and  “Come, ye faithful, raise the strain."

"In the former times, 
God, who is without 
form or body, could 
never be depicted. But 
now when God is seen 
in the flesh conversing 
with men,  I make an
 image of the God who 
I see. I do not worship 
matter; I worship the 
Creator of matter who 
became matter from my 
sake, who willed to take 
his abode in matter; who 
worked out my salvation through matter.

Pray for artists who adorn church-es and write icons, (yep, you "write"  icons,)  for an appre-ciation of art &  beauty as a gift from God  & for those who teach the church 
in song. Pray es-pecially today for the war weary people & families of Syria, &  for the ancient Christian Church community there.

No comments:

Post a Comment