Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday, October 20, 2019

___________________________The Collect_ 



   Preserve the works of your mercy, 
   that your Church throughout 
  the world may persevere 
  with steadfast faith  
   in the confession of 
  your Name

I really liked 
the Collect when I
 read it last night, but 
this morning the first line 
ust flummoxed me.  I thought 
Forget it, I’m gonna leave that 
part out and use the second part. 
Until the Little Voice interrupted my 
headstrong rush…  So I backed up. OK, I 
like that “preserve” and“persevere.”  The term 
"the corproal acts ofmercy is not familiar to Episco-
palians, , the Actions are: feeding the hungry, giving 
water to the thirsty, sheltering the homeless, visit-
ing the sick, tending to  those imprisoned, ran-
soming the captive and burying the dead.

Or ast hey say in AA 
“Don’t just talk the talk, walk the walk.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment