Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday, 27 September, 2021*


     














O Lord, 

for ever 

will I sing; 

from age

to age my 

mouth shall 

proclaim

your faith

fulness.



        * Thomas Traherne 

      English priest and poet 

            1637 - 1674

_______________

              Desire 


For giving me desire,

An eager thirst, a burning ardent fire,

A virgin infant flame,

A love with which into the world I came,

An inward hidden heavenly love,

Which in my soul did work and move,

And ever, ever me inflame

With restless longing, heavenly avarice,

That never could be satisfied,

That did incessantly a paradise

Unknown suggest, and something undescribed

Discern, and bear me to it; be

Thy name forever praised by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment