Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday morning

               In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; 


Early in the morning I make my appeal 
  and watch for you.  Psalm 5:3

As I sat with this I was surprised by the “watch for you”, rather than listen... But I guess the Presence is manifested in action as well as Word.   And surely the Word results in action.      I was struck by the contrast between  Jonah (1:1-17) running away from the presence of God and the lady with the hemorrhage who  needed to get close enough to just touch the fringe of his garment. (Luke 8:40-56)  I get it, since Jonah was running away from what he saw as an impossible task  and the woman was desperate for help, but it seemed quite a contrast! And I had never noticed before that when Jonah ‘fessed up to the sailors, they didn’t immediately throw him overboard but tried to row to shore. When that didn’t work, they did throw him overboard and the rest, as they say, is history.  I’m a little like a kid with this story in that I anticipate the end - I love it when, the second time God says “get up and go to Nineveh” it says Jonah got up and went. Well, I GUESS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment