Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday, January 7












Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless his holy Name.  

Psalm 103:1




It’s so restful to be nearly back into ordinary time.  It feels like it’s been a long time, and it has. I gave a long sigh as I sat down with my verse today. I mean in the Daily Office mostly but in life in general as well - no more creches with wise men getting ever closer... All that’s left of the celebration is the Epiphany Antiphon on the Venite at Morning Prayer and the daily use of the collect for the Epiphany, and  that will end tomorrow night, the eve of the Baptism of Jesus. And then we are in ordinary, trudging time. 

The Epistle this morning was a good reminder and always brings me up short: “I know that you are enduring patiently and bearing up for the sake of my Name... But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first,” (The Revelation to John 2:3-4) It’s not about enduring and bearing up although there is a lot of plodding and trudging to be done. It’s not about accomplishing and doing and succeeding. It’s about being in love. 
“We catch on the edge of the win, in poem and symbol, that which ever eludes our knowledge an yet which we know most deeply.”  NT Wright The Crown and the Fire 

No comments:

Post a Comment