Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Ordination of Florence Li Tim-Oi (1907-1992) as the first woman priest in the Anglican Communion, ordained in China in 1944.

Am I now seeking human approval of God’s approval? Or am I trying to please people? f I were trying to please people I would not be a servant of Christ. Galations 1: 10 


 when she was baptized, The Rev Dr Florence Li Tim-Oi took the name Florence in honor of Florence Nightingale.  The church pictured is The Cathedral of our Savior in Guangzhou, Canton,  China, where the Rev Florence Li Tim-Oi, the first woman priest in the Anglican Communion, taught and served  after the Communists came to power in 1949.  She was ordained  a priest in 1944, on the eve of the Conversion of St Paul (today.)  From 1958 to 1974, during the Cultural Revolution, she was forced to work in a factory. In 1979 when the churches reopened she resumed her public ministry. Born in 1907, she died in 1992. 
(I went through all the morning  readings  and nothing spoke to me. Nothing, Empty. Zip. But since I needed  a verse, I went looking and found this one which was ok even thought  it was not given to me but rather picked by me. It’s only now that I see that God is chortling  at me and I can go back, sit in my chair,  and  consider what is, after all, the perfect quote:A m I now seeking human approval of God’s approval? Or am I trying to please people?)

No comments:

Post a Comment