Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tomas Merton: monk, seeker, writerr (January 31,1915 - December 10, 1968) And Human Rights Day.

                                                        Matthew 22:35-37

a lawyer 
asked Jesus  
a question
to test him,  
“Teacher, what 
commandment
 is the greatest?” 
              He said ... “You shall love...” 
“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. … Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never   never leave me to face my perils alone."                                  
Thomas Merton from Thoughts in Solitude 

No comments:

Post a Comment