Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, January 17, 2014

St Anthony, Abbot in Egypt, 356, the founder of monasticism. And my sister-in-law Betty Buck's birthday!

                                                                               Psalm 16:5-6
God, 
you 
are 
my 
por-
tion 
and 
my 
cup; it is you who uphold my lot. My boundaries enclose a pleasant land; indeed, I have 
a goodly heritage. 
The Lutheran New Book... suggests prayers for 
     *All whom God is calling to the Religious Life.  
     *All monks and nuns and for all communities of men and women who seek a deeper faith and a fuller life.  
     *An appreciation of the virtues of poverty, chastity 
and obedience [as they express themselves in our individual lives.] 
     *Deliverance from acquisitiveness 
and from attachment to the things of this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment