Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

St Ephrem of Edessa, Deacon 306-373

                                                                       Psalm 61:2-3 

I call upon you
with heaviness 
in my heart, 
set me upon 
the rock 
that is 
higher than I. 
For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.

 Ephrem, born to a Christian family in Syria, is “the most celebrated father of the Syrian church.” A poet and theologian, he was such a prolific hymn- writer that he was called
“the harp of the Holy Spirit.”  

Pray 
for all the ancient churches of the East, especially the Syrian Orthodox Church, for all Christians living there and in all Muslim countries. 



Pray
for peace 
& safely
 for all the people of Syria, 
for families, for mothers & children, especially those
who have had to leave their homes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment