Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, September 8, 2014

Muggy Monday (when our Roman Catholic friends are celebrating the birth of Mary, the BVM.)

                                The Invititory at Morning Prayer

Lord, 
open 
our
lips.
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise. 
              We read this each day at Morning Prayer. That’s how it begins. Invariably. I read it day by day and sometimes, like today, I Hear it. I have a mouth that I should open for praise - praise of God, praise of creation.... “for the means of grace and for the hope of glory.” And for you, my friends and fellow travelers. And yet how often I open my mouth and out comes complaints against a myriad of things that are not to my liking. If only this...if only that.... 
            Lord, Open my lips today 
            and let my mouth proclaim your praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment