Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, January 16, 2015

George Fox (1624-1691) Founder of the Society of Friends in England

                                                 Psalm 16:5.6 
     
      O 
   Lord, 
      you 
are my 
portion 
   and 
      my 
     cup, 
      it is 
           you who uphold my lot. 
               My boundaries enclose 
                                   a pleasant land, 
                    indeed I have a goodly heritage. 

 Pray today 
   for seekers after truth
   for those in prison 
   for the outcast & those out of step with society
  and for equal justice 
under the law. 
           
              The term "Quaker" 
was first used derisively  by a magistrate 
after George Fox told him to “tremble before the Lord.”   (New Lutheran… and Give Us This Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment