Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Today we remember Jeremy Taylor, Bishop (1613-1687) Author of Holy Living, Holy Dying

   Psalm 105: 3
Glory
in 
God’s
holy
Name;
let the
hearts
of those
who seek
the Lord
rejoice.
            A Prayer 
 for a holy and happy Death.
      
           O eternal and holy Jesus, who by death hast overcome death, and by thy Passion hast taken out its sting, and made it to become one of the gates of heaven, and an entrance to felicity; have mercy upon me now and at the hour of my death; let thy grace accompany me all the dayes of my life, that I may by a holy conversation, and an habitual performance of my duty, wait for the coming of our Lord, and be ready to enter with thee at whatsoever hour thou shalt come. Lord let not my death be in any sense unprovided, nor untimely, nor hasty, but after the manner of men, having in it nothing extraordinary, but an extraordinary piety, and the manifestation of a great and miraculous mercy…

No comments:

Post a Comment