Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thursday, July 27, 2017*

                                                           
                       Collect for Grace at 
                          Morning Prayer 

  






















   Preserve us
   with your mighty power

Today the Episcopal Church remembers 
    Williams Reed 
      Huntington,     
      1839– 1909
whose "bold proposal to revise the Prayer Book that led to the revision of 1892”, the 
second revision of the 
American BCP. 
1789 was the original, and there were revisions in 1928 and 1979 and now a new one is due 
in 2019, I think. 
                  The day my husband Gordon became quadriplegic I was sitting alone in an ER in the Central Valley late at night. Restless, I went to the door and saw a man walking to-ward me. He was carrying a book.  “Is that a Book of Common Prayer?” I aksed.  ”Yes.” He said “Are you Louise Buck?” Bill Mahedy had called our former assistant at St David’s, Lee Peterson, who had called a local priest who had come out to bring me Communion. It was one of the most welcome sights in my life.  He also found me a hotel room nearby where a nurse who was getting off at midnight dropped me off later. I checked in and walked  into that room with my purse, the clothes I was wearing and  a lab coat that someone had given me earlier in the day. But that’s another story…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment