Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wednesday, October 11, 2017*

I Corinthians 11:23 



I  
received 
from 
the  
Lord 
what
I also 
handed 
on to you…  
*Philip, Deacon and Evangelist

Holy God,
no one is excluded from your love, and your truth transforms the minds of all who seek you Give us all the grace to be heralds of the Gospel, proclaim-
ing your love in Jesus Christ
                 ***
The pelican is here looking in the bedroom window simply because Gordon loved pelicans -
 he loved to watch them fly in formation, soar above the waves and abruptly dive for food.  But I’m using it this morning as a symbolof Christ of Christ, which they represent in Christian 
art. In the Middle Ages they were though to pierce their own breast in order to feed their young… I got the image, thinking my verse was Psalm  119:147: “Early in the morning I cry to you, for in your word is my trust.”   It's prefect image because the follow-on to this partial quote is “for in the night in which he was betrayed, he took bread..." and fed them with his very self... Which surely fits with Philip too…. Another day on the road 
to Gaza for us all, and who knows what 
surprise there sall be 

          It’s also 
       National 
       Coming  
       Out Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment