Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday, December 20*

 ___________Psalm 119:50





This 

is 
my 
comfort 
in my 
trouble, 
that 
your 
promise 
gives 
me life. 
*Meister Eckhart  
  c1260 - c1329, 
Dominican mystic whose writings were condemned 
as heretical. He 
was remembered yesterday in Give Us This Day “…it 
is no wonder that his mystical and poetic formulations aroused suspicion. He tried by means of paradoxal language to describe the ineffable union 
of the soul with God. He taught the need 
to let go of our concepts of God, all of the 
illusions and finite objects onto which we 
project our longing for the Absolute.

“Do not cling 
to the symbols, 
but get to the 
inner truth!”
How blessed we are to live in the company of the saints!  
This is a Christmas without the ususal outward trappings  and reassurances and I wobble and wonder - Is this emptiness or is it fullness?  This reading came as a steadying hand while crossing over a stream and it helped me get my balance. Sud-denIy I am not so alone in the 
forrest, nor lost. 
                   “How silently, how silently 
                    the wondrous gift is given.”

The season does include unexpcetde gifts - like my daughter  Tinker who snapchatted her way in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment