Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday,June 27, 2019*

                             ____________Psalm 105:4_




Search 
 for the 
Lord 
 and his 
 strength, 
 continually 
 seek his face. 
Cornelius Hill 
   1834 -1907
priest & chief among
     the Oneida. 
When Cornelius was 13, Oneida leaders summoned him from his studies at the Episcopal Church mission
in Nashotah, to attend a feast in his honor. As the 
son of an Indian chief of 
the Bear clan in Wisconsin, he was about to as-
sume the role of a chief himself. In the ceremony 
that followed, he was given his tribal name, 
Onangwatgo, “Big Medicine.” He 
would bring honor to that name. 
-Christian History Institut   
                Help us, like him, 
                to be dedicated to
                to truth and honor 
                            -Collect 
                                -*-

I was feeling really down about the state of the country and our inability to do anything about the corruption, the ineptitude & the cruelty I see. But I sat down to read Morning Prayer and the first lesson was 1 Samuel 8:1 -22. I recognized the passage and was going to skip by it ... what can prophet’s kids going wrong and the people wanting a king have to do with today? And God whispered;  “Shhhh. Just read it Louise." And as I ddid I heard  "If everything is kattywhomus, maybe maybe it's not about veering off into something completely different. Maybe the call is to reform, to return.”

As an Episcopalian, I do not read the Bible literally. But when I literally read it, when I stop long enough to "hear them, read, mark, learn and inwardly digest them," it IS the Word of God, active and alive today. But I do need to sit my butt down and listen. When I do it’s t's like manna in this wilderness.


No comments:

Post a Comment