Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday, August 7, 2019*

                           _Psalm 119:102_____________





I do 
not 
shrink 
from your  
judgements, 

                   
                    I knew right away that this was my verse. 
                        But I also knew that it is not true: I am 
                        afraid of your judgments. God chucked
                         &  I thought, Oh right - but only when
                          I don’t love you enough. No, one step
                                  further back - only when I forget 
                                             how much YOU love ME!   
                                                                         Oh right.

because you yourself have taught me. 

  * John Mason Neale 
      1818-1866 

 English priest & hypnotist 
(no Siri - hymnodist!) and
translator of hymns and 
prayers from the Latin &  
Greek.  There are six lines 
of shims -no Siri, hims, No -
hymns in our current hym-
nal, One of which is the lov-
ely “Christ is made the sure 
foundation."  If you don’t believe that we live in a post-Christian world 
try communicating with Siri! 
                           https://youtu.be/cR9NHXnbxlU
                   This is from an ecumenical service with 
                   the old Pope and the old Archbishop of 
              Canterbury, the latter singing in procession.

Neale also trans-
lated “Now That 
the Daylight Fills the Sky.” I can still hear the 
notes flying up 
into the rafters 
of the chapel as
the sisters sang the plainsong and the daylight began to in fact fill the sky.              

No comments:

Post a Comment