Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday, May 15, 2020

           ____________________Matthew 7:12_


    



In 
ev-
er-
y-
th-
ing
do 
to 
ot-
hers as you would have them do to you; for 
this is the law and the prophets.  * * *


I picked first images because it’s Old Testamenty - complex and authoritarian and the second be-cause it is simple and direct like Jesus'  and his condensation of the Law given by God to Moses, his summary of which is acted out year after year in preschool chapel - * God - * your neighbor - * yourself.   *   “Who is that?” my 5 year old nei-ghbor - and one of our preschoolers- asks when her Dad greets someone.  “That’s a nei-ghbor," her Dad says. It's reply enough- as clear and as accessible to a 5 year old as it is to a 55 year old or and 85 year old. And as challenging at any age.  *  It is simple but far from easy "in every-thing." *     I had to laugh when I noticed the cap-
tion  “6 friendly ways to block your neigh-bor’s security camera”!    It was not until I was fini-shed and looked at the preview that I noticed 
that the Old Testament Yahweh Who I think of 
as remote and threatening seems to be leaning over the fence to chat!  And maybe that is a rake in his hand rather then a chastening rod as the hymn says. Did He just wink at me? I dknow I heard Him chuclkle as he went back to work. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment