Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Sixth Sunday of Easter, May 17, 2020

                      ________________________Luke 12:15_


      Take 
      care! 
      Be on 
      your 
      guard
      against 
      all kinds 
      of greed;
      for one's 
      life does not consist 
      in the abundance of possessions. 

                              _*_
        Sounds right, very like Jesus. I know the quotable quote but I don’t remember really 
taking note of the set up, which comes a few verse earlier: “Someone in the crowd said 
to him, ’Teacher, tell my brother to divide the family inheritance with me.’ ‘Friend,’ Jesus replied, ‘who set me as a judge or arbiter 
over you?’ and he said to them,“Take care..” Which is also very like Jesus. 
     Wait a sec, the guy probably thought, 
I was looking for you to take care of it - and to 
tell my brother to do the right thing. Obviously 
I'm the injured partyy here,the victim. Jesus 
always goes farther and deeper than want 
him to go. I’d really rather YOU take care of it 
and for it to to the be the Other guy’s fault.
This in no way implies that Jesus does not 
care about equality, or fairness or justice 
or Injustice! most especially., or the just 
distribution of resources. At this moment,
this is what needs seeing to. Jesus always
speaks in specifics, to the moment & gets 
to the heart of the matter.  
My heart. Your heart.  
     Which sure set me for what came 
next, the Collect of the day  which 
colects our thoughts - which 
asks God to "pour into our 
hearts “such love toward 
you that we may love 
you in all things and 
above all things.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment