Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, December 4, 2020

Friday, 5 December, 2020

                                                __________________Psalm 16:7_


        






                I will 

               bless 

             the 

          Lord 

      who gives

    me counsel; 

   my heart _

 teaches me  night after night. 

Clement of Alexandria, 

  Titus Flavius Clemens, 

Κλήμης Ἀλεξανδρεύς  

            150-215 

(can the dates be right!?) was born in Athens, died in Jeru-salem, and was a priest, theologian and phil-osopher who taught at the Catechet-ical School of Alexandria. 


It’s is jokingly but all too correctly said that God made us in his own image and we have been returning the favor ever since. While God himself in unchanging (and is unberserkable as Sr Electa quotes her friend saying) our understanding of him is always changing and growing and what we think is  immutable mutates. When I first came to St David’s and we were celebrating midweek Eucharist, where I first met the "lesser  ie non biblical saints." Clement’s collect read “Turn your Church from the conceits of worldly wisdom and… guide int into all truth…” Now (as of I think 1992) it reads ‘grant that your Church may recognize true wisdom, wherever it is found, knowing that  wisdom comes from and leads to you…” 

No comments:

Post a Comment