Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Maundy Thursday,* the first day of April, 2021

                                        _____________________John 12:11_  


 










Holy

Father, 

protect them 

in your name  

 that they 

may be one, 

as we are one.


                                 Maundy from the Latin  mandatum, 

                                   command to love one another that 

                                     Jesus gave to his disciples the 

                                       night they ate the Passover to-

                                         gether, as he washed their 

                                          feet, including Judas who left

                                             the dinner and betrayed 

                                               Jesus to the authorities. 


Gee , now I can't remember exactly When Judas "went out"....He was at dinner. Was he there at the foot washing? I hope not.... I'll have to look later ...  And now it's later and I am reminded that the footwashing is only in John and he doesn’t mention the institution of the Lord’s Supper.... the rest tell that story but not the washing of the feet. So, when exactly Judas bailed that evening l to sell Jesus out, we still don’t know…. I like to think that he could not have had that intimate time of footashing with Jesus and Then betrayed Jesus .... I guess I'm jI’ll just add it to the list of all the other things I have to ask when the time comes. I'll ask God or Judas himself- whoever I see first....

No comments:

Post a Comment