Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, August 16, 2021

Monday, 16 August, 2021 and The Feast of Mary, transferred from yesterday

 

I really liked the

verse, but doubt-

ed I’d find a suit-

able image. "Just 

write it down,” The

Little Voice whis-

per-ed, and I did.

I read through the

rest of Morning 

Prayer & came

up with one other 

faint possibility - 

in Case I had to

prevail by might 

Just his one time!  

When I came up-

on  this image, God chortled; “Mary didn’t get pregnant by her-

self, you know, Louise. It wasn’t even an idea she could have imagined!  Not did she make it to Bethlehem on her own strength - she’d have never gotten there! - much less through the rest of her life, of OUR life!  Neither do you have to get through on grit or determination or self-well or might.  Nor do those who are struggling with sorrow or uncertainty, who are, in the language of my youth, ”heavy laden.” Just let it go. I’m here. If I’da had a Novice Mis-

tress she’d have been Sr Electa, and I can hear her say-

ing, “You ain’t seen nuhtin’ yet!”

Se's been right thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment