Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Sunday, the first day of August. 2021 : Tempis fugit .

 


















In  

1991 

my 

parish

church

burned in an arson fire which was started in front 

of the altar, my week-day meditation spot which 

had become even more of an oasis of Presence 

when my husband Gordon became quadriplegic 

in  an auto accident 4 years before. The fire was 

another grievous loss. One day  we’d had day 

had lunch at The Aztec, gone now, bulldozed 

to make room for the Old Town station. As 

we schlepped  through the large  pottery 

place next door, also gone now, I saw 

this church and Gordon bought it for 

me as a physical refuge, if only 

symbolically.

https://youtu.be/deJDkU6qiGE   

When other helpers fail and comforts flee, 

help of the helpless, O, abide with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment