Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday #5 After 3pm




My God,
my God,
why
have you    
forsaken me?
And are so far from my cry and from the words of my distress?  Psalm 22:1


I have always thought of these words as exclusively the words of Jesus on the cross. But surely they are his mother’s words as well, as she holds her son’s dead body now taken down now from the cross.  surely They are The words of all mothers - and fathers  -and all who mourn, all who are abandoned and lost: all who walk through the dark night of the soul whether the darkness is inward or outward. it all began with such bright promise, and now, here we find ourselves.  "My god my god, why have you abandoned me and are so far from me and from the rods of my distress?"

No comments:

Post a Comment