Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, September 16, 2016

St Ninian a Celt born in southern Scotland, around 360, died circa 430 Bishop of Galloway

                                                            Psalm 69:7

             
              Let 
              not 
          those 
            who 
           hope 
                in 
              you 
                be 
               put 
                 to 
          shame 
   through me, 
   Lord God of hosts,
       let not those who seek 
           you be disgraced because of me 


This was one of those day that I got my verse, but no image to go with it, so I read on, and there was Queen Vashti telling the drunken King to go stick it (my translation) and that spoke of living in the Truth without counting the cost. (You couldn’t let that happen She was demoted… I thought he’d have her killed - bad example, bad precedent ) I finished Morning Prayer and came in to find an image. After wandering happily through frescoes (I love the Internet!) this one whispered to me “You are the Face of Christ to the world, he image of Christ in the world; don’t distort it or mess it up, don’t let it be defaced or destroyed by time. don’t shame or disgrace me by your conduct, Let the world see the Father shining through who you are what you do, that the world may know me when we meet.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment