Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, September 19, 2016

Tonight we commemorate Corita Kent. Born 1918, she died September 18, 1986.

                                                            Acts 18:9, 10


One 
night 
the 
Lord 
said 
in a 
vision… 
“Do not be afraid, but speak 
and do  not be silent, for I am with you… ” 
"Love the moment and  the
energy of that  moment 
will spread beyond
 all boundaries." 
Known to me in the 60s by her artwork as Sr Corita, was an important part of my becoming.  Daniel Kerrigan said “The joy 
in her work, its riotous colors,
 was a  gift to a good, gray world..."  
And to me. It took what was 
black & white & colored it & 
broke down all the boundaries 
between God & the world for me, 
sacred & secular, this & that... 


No comments:

Post a Comment