Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, December 26, 2016

The Feast of St Stephen, the second day of Christmas.

  Psalm 28:2
Hear the voice
of my prayer 
when I cry 
out to you, 
when I 
lift up 
my hands 
to your 
holy of holies. 

I find The Feast of Stephen both disconcerting and disorienting. I have spent 
all of Advent trying to keep away from jumping the gun into the Incarnation and here, on the second day of the Feast, we are already forced away from the warm and fuzzy birth narrative to the actual cost of discipleship 
idaily life. As the music director from my childhood would have said,  that's so we don't the em-PHA-sis on 
the wrong sylABLE. And to tell the truth, that feels 
really appropriate this year. (In fact, if you look at 
the Daily Office Lectionary in the BC,P there are 
no readings given until the 29th because they are all 
Holy Days. (Is your creche still up? I hope, so, but it's 
not a static thing...The angels and shepherds and sheep 
are outa there…  theyve are gone about their business, 
as have we…   

No comments:

Post a Comment