Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Today we remember someone who is special in my own life: Thomas Merton, contemplative and writer, who died at the age of 53 (wow! I hadn't realized he was so young!) on this day in 1968 in a freak accident while at a meeting of religious leaders while on pilgrimage to the Far East.

 II Thessalonians 3:13




Brothers  
& sisters, 
do not 
be weary 
in doing 
what is right.

My Lord God, 
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know my-self,  and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you…
    The beginning of  an entry in Thoughts in Solitude
                                                                      by Thomas Merton 

No comments:

Post a Comment