Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, April 20, 2017

April 20, 2017 Thursday in Easter Week

                                          Psalm 146:2-4 


Put 
not 
your 
trust 
in 
rulers, 
nor 
in 
any 
child 
of earth,
for there is no help in them. When they breathe their last, they re- 
turn to earth, and in that day 
their thoughts perish.
                            *
This is one of the images I found the other day when I was searching for pictures of the Resurrection. I left it on my desktop because I liked it and it's perfect today with my verse and the hymn that is singing itself in my head and tapping my teeth:
              ’Tis the Spring of souls today,  
                Christ hath burst his prison,
                and from 3 day sleeps in death, 
                as the sun hath risen *
When I began to work with it, though, I was disap-pointed because there was that children’s play structure intruding... “If only this... If only  hat," I so often think.  “How often?” I asked. “Too often,” God replied gently,  “What if it is perfect just the way it is?” Not a pristine otherworldly image existing uninterrupted in the hush of eternity, divorced from the world, but one that exists in and among and stands over and above the shouts of children. Without people -  unruly, disappointing, knee-skinning, noisy, lovely people, it don’t mean nuthin.’ 
                        ***
                    Happy are they 
who have the God of Jacob  for their help!      Whose hope is in the Lord their God 
                                                                  * the hymn is  
Come ye faithful, raise the strain of triumphal gladness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment