Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, June 10, 2018

A lovely Sunday evening

                                                                    ____________Psalm 84:1

       
             
             
            
            How dear 
            to me 
            is your 
            dwelling, 
            O Lord
            of hosts! 
            My soul 
            has a 
            desire 
            and a 
            longing 
            for the 
            courts 
               of the Lord; 
                   my heart and my  flesh 
                         rejoice in the living God. 

      I’am still constantly amazed as how  present and involved and near God is to us! (“Closer than breathing, sweets.”   “Oh I now, butI mean REALLY! “ “So do I. Really.”)  I had read all the way through Evening Prayer  and yes, this was my verse. I came into my computer (Onesimus)  with an image I love in my mind, of  the door of St David’s slightly ajar. Ready to slip in, I set to work   - composition, font, colors.  And I could not make it work. Because that was not my image. Or,  it was my image, what it was not was  God’s image.  (“Who’s in charge?” “ You’re in charge.”)  And then it all fell into place.  To-night it was not an image of walking  into the enclosing womb of the church, but being perch-ed on the top of the cross, ready to fly.  God cracks me up and fills me with awe and delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment