Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Tuesday, June 5, 2018*

                  ____________________Psalm 45:7
    



 



Your 
throne, 
O God, 
endures 
for ever 
and ever; 
a scepter of
righteousness 
is the scepter of your kingdom; 
you love righteousness and hate iniquity.


   




   * Boniface, 
     Archbishop 
     of Mainz, 
     Missionary
     to Germany 
     and Fresia.  
     Born 675, 
     martyred 745.




Pour out your Holy Spirit on your Church in every land, that by the service and sacrifice of man, your holy Name may be gloried and 
your kingdom enlarged   
- Collect 
________*_______
The whole concept of royalty is froreign to the American heart and spirit  so we don’t intuitively know kingly stuff and we shy away from it unless “a royal” is getting married or giving birth. Then we go all gaga. When Psalm 45 is the psalm, I routinely grouse,"COME ON LORD! REALLY? " and sometimes I just refuse to read it. God just chuckles and suggests gently that I am opinionated.  Today I knuckled down and read it and got the verse I got. ( This kind of reading, which is called Lectio Divina, it is not just reading to whiz through it - it’s reading until something speaks to your  your heart)  But this time I went ona nd finished reading Morning Prayer anyway... Maybe I’d get something better!  But I sure didn’t! And the verse turned out to be prefect.   SO, the very thing that symbolizes God’s authority is justice or fairness. Oh. 
                                And I knowthat Jesus has an orb and not a scepter but  since it’s a symbol and Christ really has neither, it works...  

No comments:

Post a Comment