Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday, September 6, 2018

                         ____________________________Psalm 30:14  



Whoever yak yaks  honors me, but 
to those who keep in my way will I show  the salvation of God.

_______________________________________*__________
The rest is yak yak) You might not recognize the translation - it is my own.    Yak yak was oft quoted by my Dad through the years, a dear,  earnest, and flawed man whom we loved and who died  2 years and 2 days agoDo the do is   an AA quote, 2 major human  influences in  my life. And the picture is of Dad iconically at his desk in his last apartment after Mom died after 66 years of marriage. A glimpse of Dad: Mom died in their apartment here in San Diego  shortly after they moved here. My brothers Bruce and Kirk and I were there that night in 2008, 6 weeks  after my  husband Gordon died. It took quite a long time for the body to be taken away and we all sat with her in turns, as Kirk had sat with her through the previous night as she lay dying. Finally, they came, and as the stretcher bearing her body went byDad, he made a big sign of the cross and broke down. But briefly. We are after all, Johnsons!   

No comments:

Post a Comment