Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Epiphany night

                 ____________________Matthew 2:12_ 

    
    And 
having 
   been 
warned
    in a 
dream 
 not to 
 return to Herod, they left for their 
 own country by another road. 

         ___________________________
So much is said in so few words in some places in Scripture.  Whole worlds hum and hover in these few words.  God comes looking for Adam and Eve “in the cool of the evening “and calls Where are you?”  (And my heart just breaks every time I hear it.) “And the angel departed.” (Wait!) “Jesus wept.”  (Oh me!)  “…they retuned by another road…” It’s so full to bursting! There is an entire story there and we hear none of it.  I love the angel reaching out her hand to touch the one’s hand - his eyes are wide open!  I would have liked to have heard that conversation over their morning coffee…. “Hey Caspar…” 


No comments:

Post a Comment