Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday, July16, 2019*

                              _____________Psalm 28:8_





                   The 
                   Lord
                   is my 
                  strength 
                  and my 
                  shield; 
                  my 
                  heart 
                  trusts 
                  in him, 
                  and I have been helped.
                    Today 
we remember “The 
Righteous Gentiles,” 
4 men (it's always
 individuals, isn't it?) 
who were among countless men and women, who work
ed to save Jews 
from  the Holocaust and Hitler’s regime of 
terror. May their courage, compassion and resourcefulness inspire us this day to go 
and do likewise.          
Anemnesis,
from the Greek
anamnēsis, ‘re-
membrance,’ 
bringing into the present the past, as at the Lord's Supper then and now. Our beloved Jack Whitehouse, who was an Army officer in World War 2 who served in Germany and later,  became an Episcopal priest, going to seminary only after he had worked for peace
for as many years as he had waged war, said
that a more accurate translation of “Do this in
remembrance of me” at the Eucharist is
“Do this when you want me here.”
 We do. Want you here. 

               https://youtu.be/j7lW6JrI3ls






 accurate translation of “Do this in remembrance of me” at the Eucharist is “Do this when you want me here.”  We do. Want you here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment