Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Feast of St Luke, Apostle and Evangelist


Lord, 
I love the house in which you dwell,
and the place where your glory abides.
                       Psalm 26:8
I love this verse because it changes so from time to time - sometimes “the house in which you dwell” is a church or an altar, or a single man, Jesus. In Advent it’s Mary’s womb or, at Christmas, the stable at Bethlehem,. The “place where your glory abides” is as small as right here, this rocking chair that was Ruth Neary’s, where I sit to pray, or the sunrise, unseen today because of  fog,  or “the vast expanse  of interstellar space.” Or an atom or a flower. Or my pregnant friend.  Where does Gods glory not abide?  Today my graphic will be recognized by many of you as the chapel at St Mary’s, Santa Barbara. My Mom used to go there on retreat when I was little.  Now the retreat house of the Order of the Holy Cross who used to be up the hill,  it was run by the Sisters of the Holy Nativity when Mom went there and when I first went there in the mid 60s and has always been a place where God’s glory abides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment