Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday morning







my word will not return 
to me empty, but 
I will accomplish that which I have purposed and 
prosper in that for which I sent it. 
Canticle 10
This is kind of the crown of all the readings today.  At first I thought my verse might be in Psalm 142 “When my spirit languishes within me, you know my path.” But it wasn’t clear that it was, so I read on. I Kings continued to set the stage, listing endless kings, most of whom “did worse than their ancestors.” I often wonder why in the World we are reading this stuff but this year it makes sense, what with our own bleak landscape, the polarization, the paralysis, the ever widening gap between rich (and I mean RICH) and poor. Such is our common life (and our individual life) without God. Today the king destroys the golden vessels in the temple that King Solomon had made. “When my spirit languished with me...” indeed!  The first Morning Prayer canticle spoke the good news to me: "I will accomplish that which I have purposed.....”  So I used that on the blog, and went with the graphic which I was given.  But then in I Corinthians 12 I read the “we who are many are one body” and knew that was the fulfillment of the verse.... Whatever things look like  in our personal or national  or international life, God knows our path, God  will accomplish what HE has purposed which is the reconciliation of all things In HIM. I love the graphic, with all those individual gorgeous individual parts of the agapantha-to- be all squeezed in together! God will accomplish what He has purposed and we can get in the way or out of the way, but Gods word will not return to Him empty.                                                                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment