Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday!

                                                                     Easter Antiphon 
                                                                              on Psalm 16 



You 
will
show 
me the 
path of life, hallelujah.
                                                         I really like this picture 
with this verse-   it’s taken out near Campo and reminds 
me of my husband Gordon and the railroad going through Carrizo Gorge. But more than that,  it is Easter, the ulti-mate the coming out of the darkness into light. There is another picture taken farther back in the tunnel but all you can see is the brightness of the light ahead, and when I look at it I find I'm still holding my breath, at least metaphorically. Here  you’re coming out into the sunlight - there’s even a  little green grass.
           You will show me the path of life: 
        in your presence of fulness of joy, 
    & in your right hand are pleasures for evermore. (v 11) 
                                   I am reading a little daily book of snippets from Madeleine L’Engle called Glimpse of Grace  (which puts me in mind of our friend Bill Mahedy’s book Traces of Grace)  I haven't gotten as far as today's yet. I still have to go back and finish Morning Prayer: But here’s a neat quote from yesterday:     
                                      " I enjoy [my faith] because it’s true, not necessarily factual, but true. If it's factual, I don't need faith for it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment