Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Thursday in Easter Week

                          Ezekiel 37:1-5
The hand of the Lord came upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord & set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. He led me all a-round them: there were many lying in the valley, & they were very dry. He said to me, “Mortal, can these bones live? "I answered, "Oh Lord God, you know.”  Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, & say to them: O dry bones, hear the word of the LordI will cause breath to enter you & you shall live& you shall know that I am the Lord…"  
                       I just got this picture yesterday and instead of putting it into the John Strauch file, I put it in the trash: I could not imagine a way of using it - so dry & desolate! 
           Then this morning as I was doing the very first reading, I thought "This is it. But it Can't be - it’s EASTER! Look further … maybe you've got it wrong & that is not your quote..." So I continued on, right through to the collect.... But, of course this was the one. The land itself is dry, as are many of us for our various reasons.  
So I came in and, retrieving the picture from the trash, I set to work. It was only as I wrote this last bit out & tired to find a color to go with it that I saw that yes, WAY up in the top of the picture there is indeed some little bit of green, sure sign of life… 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment