Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, July 2, 2015

A gloomy morning Thursday... BUT COOL!

                              Acts of the Apostles
                                               8:26.27

Then an angel of the Lord said to Philip, ”Get up and go toward the south, on the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza. (This is 
a wilderness road.) So 
he got up & went.

                           Instructive that the sentence ends with a period, isn’t it? I had it with an ellipsis originally. Glad I checkedHere’s the inside look at todays’s verse: I felt a little bleak this morning and as usual I sat down to read Morning Prayer. And I was not seeing a THING.. .Then I got to Samuel (1 Sam 2:27-36.) "So ok, I got it" I thought, a little querulously. "Saul didn’t wait but hurried ahead and tried to take care of things himself instead of waiting for Gods timing. Samuel - and God - were NOT PLEASED. Ok, I get that and I can surely see the relevance to to my LIFE" I grumbled, "but it’s hardly a VERSE..." Nothing to do but read on thinking in the back of my head - "So what if I don’t GET a verse!"…. And the lesson being more amplified all the time! And then I started  on the second reading, which I love. It’s Acts 8:26-40 about Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch. I was all set to kind of rush through it - hey. I KNOW the story, right? But I read the first line and there it was! Bingo! Perfect! God chuckled and I had the grace - literally the grace - to chuckle too… What do people DO who don't have God in their lives?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment