Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, April 4, 2016

Martin Luther King, Jr. 1929-1968 Minister, Civil Rights Leader, Martyr

                                                John 14:11–12 



Believe me that I am 
in the 
Father 
and the 
Father 
is in me; but if you do not, then 
believe me because of the works themselves. 
Very truly I tell you, the one who 
believes in me will also do 
the works that I do 
 and, in fact, will  
do greater works 
than these
             Since we never celebrate anything but Holy Week and Easter Week during those two weeks, I was all set to celebrate the Annuncia-tion today, the first clear day after its usual date of March 25. But then the Episcopal Calendar has The Annunciation tomorrow and Martin Luther King Jr today. I thought it was nuts - why bump a biggie like the Annunciation for a”lesser" (ie not biblical) saint? And then “my eyes were opened” and I got it. Given all the race baiting and divisiveness in our political system (at least in one side) Martin Luther King Jr, the New Moses, is spot on! Connections, connections. Between our life and Easter, our life and Jesus, our life and the People of God, our life and the Word of God The work goes on, the dream endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die.”(Ted Kennedy’s concession speech at the 1980 Democratic National Convention.) 


2 comments:

  1. You're the one who is spot on this time, Louise. (Love the cartoon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Thanks - I just now saw this (5/10) - a good day to see it!

      Delete