Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Monday, August 22, 2016

And so we begin again

                                                              Psalm 2:8


  
   

    Ask 
    of 
    me, 
    and 
   I will 
   give you the
   nations for your inheritance and 
   the ends of the earth for your possession.
                  *******   ******* 
            Well, this has been a surprise and a gift from start to finish. 1) The title of the post came first, from the fact that in the Daily Office Lectionary: (which, if you read Forward Day by Day, you know as the readings listed at the bottom of that page) we are starting back at Psalm One today. It’s also Monday: I love things with multiple levels. (So I am sure in the right line of work!)  2)  I doubt that I have ever gotten this as a mediation verse. And I darn near bypassed it today! …”the ends of the earth! HAH!  and I plowed  on.., my focus myopic and trudging and God needed to wake me up, to expand my sights and horizons.  So when I said “HAH!” and read on for a real verse God whispered “I’m not kidding. That’s it.  Really,. Look again.” But what image to go with the such a verse? ”The whole universe is yours Louise,” God whispered. “Just ask. Don’t  tay cramped and trapped , overwhelmed and in the problem.”  So I came into the computer. 3) OK, so what IMAGE  does one use for the ends of the earth? For limitless possibilities? For answers rather than questions… not even answers, just hunches and nudges… The views of mountains?Interstellar space? And then God whispered, “Good. That’s it. But now take it down again and focus in. Look for a daisy. 
So I did  I found a TON 
of image, as usual that I 
put on my desktop.  
As usual.  And then I winnowed it down to 2. 
One was this one but it was   well it’s pink. 
But the pink was the pick.  
And so we were ready 
to being. Again. 

1 comment: