Tieoplo Sky

Tieoplo Sky
Tiepolo Clouds

Thursday, August 18, 2016

William Porcher DuBose English priest 1836 - 1918.

                                                        Psalm 131:3

     
     I still 
     my soul
     & make
     it quiet; 
     like a 
     child 
     on its 
     mother’s breast, 
     my soul  is quieted within me. 
                      A readers of the Daily Office Lectionary/ Forward Day by Day for decades, Dad's(& Mom's) life was bathed in the psalms and Scripture. He told me a number of years ago that this was his favorite plan verse, though he does not remember that now. He no longer needs to.
William Porcher DuBose 
“treated life & doctrine 
as a dramatic dialogue, 
fusing the best of con-
temporary thought &
criticism with his own 
strong inner faith".
 (from Holy Women, Holy Men)


No comments:

Post a Comment